Listed below are some of our favourite Schooling Venues. What we have listed are places we have tried out ourselves.
We will keep updating here as we venture out to new places, so keep your eyes peeled!
National Sports Campus Open Schooling
- €30per horse for an hour (Shared Arena)
- Private hire of the arena €150
- 4 Horses for an hour €100 (Shared Arena)
- Wednesday / Thursday & Saturday Open Schooling & Showjumping €10 for one round, €15 for 2!
- Follow their Facebook page for regular updates
Where: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
For More info check out their Website!
Here at NBW, we are quite fond of a good beach ride every now & then, below are 3 of our recommended beaches! Be sure to check the tides the day before travelling. During the winter months it is best to go after 11am, and in the summer months its best to go early morning, so you have some beach to ride on!
***Always be careful of pedestrians on the beach***
Red Hills Stud
- Open Schooling – €20 per horse
- Exclusive hire – €50 per hr up to a max of 4 horses; €10 per horse thereafter
- Hour & Half Exclusive Hire- €70
- (I would recommend if you have 3 horses or more to pay the extra for an additional half hour!)
There is always a course build in the arena, so I would advise to bring an instructor with you or someone with knowledge to help adjust the fences & strides!
Where: Co. Kildare
For more info check out their Website!
Coilóg Equestrian Centre
- Private School 1.5hrs – €110
- Private Schooling 1 hour – €75
- Open Schooling Indoor – €25 per horse
- Open Schooling Outdoor – €20 per horse
Full course always set up in the indoor arena & the Hornbeam outdoor arena, and the option to pay online before you arrive or at the office at the venue! I would recommend bringing your instructor, if you book for Open Schooling if you go early enough you are guaranteed to grab the arena to yourself!
Where: Kilmeague, Co. Kildare
To book visit their Website!
Quarrylands Cross Country
- €15 per horse for unlimited Schooling on the grounds
- Opens all day until its dark
- Closes from October 31st for the Winter
What an exceptional deal & amazing value for money! It is such a peaceful setting, very quiet so great for first timers or youngsters, the variety of jumps is also amazing! Quite hard to find directions to, if you drive into Batterstown, and down the rode you will find the venue on your left hand side, you cant miss the big sign on the shed!
Where: Batterstown, Co. Meath
Check out their Facebook page for more info!
- 1 Hour in the Indoor – €60
- 1.5 Hour in the Indoor – €90
- 1 Hour in the Outdoor – €45
This is such an underrated venue. The grounds are huge so plenty of room for horse boxes to get in and out. The indoor has a full course set up with lots of colourful jumps and fillers so it’s the perfect schooling venue to get you and your horse competition ready. A tip for travelling to Emerald, the road isn’t the smoothest so just be sure to take it handy with the horse box.
Where: Mucklon, Enfield, Co. Kildare
To Book, drop them a message through their Facebook page: Schooling at The Emerald.